Microsoft has been a trendsetter when it comes to providing its customers with user-friendly products and services. aka.ms/phonelinkqrc is one such lead from Microsoft, which is nothing but a shortened form of link that can redirect you to complex Microsoft URLs. Microsoft owns the domain, which is used to shorten links and grant access to Microsoft Developer Network downloads. You can continue using these shortened URLs for convenient access if you wish to connect your phone to a Windows computer, possibly for functions like phone-to-PC integration or synchronisation purposes.
Many times it becomes quite hectic and tedious to rely on complex and lengthy URLs provided by Microsoft. You can therefore use these links without worrying about security risks to create shorter, more readable URLs that lead to longer or more complicated web addresses.
From the above-summarised concept, you must have a crisp idea of how and where such links can be used and accessed for easy-syncing and integration purposes. This blog post will explain how to use the aforementioned link to connect your phone to a Windows computer, so you can share links and continue browsing on different devices. You can use this link to connect your phone to a Windows computer by following the below-mentioned instructions:
- Open the browser on your Windows computer.
- You can now enter aka.ms/phonelinkqrc in your search bar.
- A QR code will appear on the screen as a result.
- Open the same Microsoft browser that you used to access your Windows computer on the smartphone you wish to connect to.
- To access the available options, tap the three dots of navigation that represent the menu icon in the Edge app on your smartphone.
- There’s a QR code scanning option available.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the computer screen with your phone.
- Set up your preferred notification settings, i.e., to finish the setup, adhere to the additional instructions displayed on the screen.
These are the detailed setup steps you can follow to connect your phone to your Windows computer when you are new to this setup or have limited knowledge about it. Otherwise, it’s a three step process if you have the link shared and you just need to open it and continue with the linking of your smartphone to your Windows computer. What you need to do is open the shared link. It will display a QR code on your screen. To finish the setup, scan the QR code. Follow any further instructions displayed on your screen and your linking will be a success.